The Statistics Division is part of the Analytical Department as a secondary structural unit. The Division acts on behalf of the Public Defender of Georgia when performing its functions. The Statistics Division is accountable to the Head of the Analytical Department, the Public Defender and the Deputy Public Defender, who oversee the Division in accordance with the rules established by law.
Functions of the Division:
- Collect and maintain internal statistical data, periodically collect external statistical data, sort and provide them to the relevant employees; control the budget for the purpose of implementation of the Public Defender’s recommendations;
- Receive, sort and process relevant statistical data of the Office in accordance with the internal statistical data processing methodology document and provide them to the staff of the Office through electronic platform;
- Enter the internal documentation, recommendations and other internal and external documents into the system accessed by other structural units of the Office; properly develop this database;
- Make generalized analysis of internal statistical data on a quarterly basis;
- Draw up statistical reports periodically, as needed, for internal use or for submission to the relevant state/international agencies;
- Create and periodically update the statistical data processing methodology document for the structural units of the Office; request, collect and sort, if necessary, important statistical data for the thematic departments of the Office and provide them to the relevant staff;
- For the implementation of the recommendations offered in the annual and special reports of the Public Defender of Georgia, make analysis of the state budget/draft budget (and attached documentation), communicate with state agencies and coordinate with staff of the Public Defender of Georgia; organize a working format with the Ministry of Finance of Georgia for the implementation of recommendations endorsed in the Resolution of the Parliament of Georgia (where additional allocation of relevant funds is necessary).