Eastern Georgia Division
Head of Division –
The operation area of the Division covers the Mtskheta-Mtianeti region and unites 4 regional offices located in Eastern Georgia:
- Kakheti Office;
- Kvemo Kartli Office;
- Shida Kartli Office;
- Samtskhe-Javakheti office.
Objectives of the Division:
- Facilitate proactive detection of human rights violations;
- Identify and document individual and systemic violations;
- Advocate for resolutions to systemic rights violations and problems;
- Promote educational activities in the field of protection of human rights and freedoms;
- If necessary, pay visits to penitentiary institutions, temporary placement isolators and other institutions in the regions of Eastern Georgia;
- Register the correspondence, applications/complaints and other documents received by the regional office of the Public Defender in the electronic case processing system;
- Receive stakeholders in the regional office of the Public Defender, provide legal consultation as well as information on the mandate of the Public Defender.